One of our recent developments is Baytree House in Torquay.
As with all our schemes, we are driven by the need and demand from the local Commissioning Teams.
On this occasion, it was Torbay Council and Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust who had identified the need for a Specialist Supported Housing Scheme for residents with enduring mental health.
Their requirement for the scheme is that it must have:
- A number of high quality, self – contained apartments with sufficient space to promote wellbeing and independence.
- Communal space, accessible externally which will enable it to be used as a community resource and the first step towards the core and cluster models they want to commission.
- Some wheelchair accessible provision.
- A great location, for people to live well within their surroundings.
Following these requirements, a property at Avenue Road in Torquay was identified.
This was a former guest house, with the size and location to meet the requirements of the respective Commissioning Teams.
Following due diligence including some rent and service charge testing through the area Housing Benefit Team and meeting Hilldale’s ‘Board’ approval process, works were conducted at the property via Four Synergy Group.
The outcome of which as a fantastic refurbishment of the property into 10 self – contained apartments, all of which have:
- New kitchens with oven, hob, fridge freezer and washer/ dryer machine.
- New shower rooms.
- All fully redecorated with new flooring throughout.
- Furnished with sofa, table and chairs, bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Large internal communal area and outside space.
- New heating system.
- Wheelchair accessible apartment.
Ready for Occupation
In early 2023, the scheme was ready for occupation !!
Through nominations from the Commissioning Team and working with our Registered Care Provider, Carmel Care, residents have moved into their new homes.
They are now thriving and will continue to do so with a great building, combined with the wrap – around care that enables them to live as independently as possible.