Collecting Your Personal Information
We have to collect and use personal information so that we can provide our services. We collect and use information about the following people:
- Our tenants and household members.
- People who apply for homes with us, including other household members.
- People who reply to our surveys.
- People who work for care providers and us, including volunteers and temporary colleagues.
- Other people who contact us, through our website or through social media for example.
This privacy notice covers the personal information we collect and use as Hilldale Housing Association Limited (Registered Charitable Community Benefit Society Number 8777).
We may update this privacy notice from time to time, so we recommend that you check it occasionally.
Our data protection officer
Our data protection officer is James Place. They provide help and support to make sure that we comply with our legal obligations under data protection law. You can contact them by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at:
16 Carolina Way
The Information we Collect
The following list are the types of information we may collect:
- Identity information including names, gender and date of birth
- Contact information including telephone and email address
- Financial information including income, benefit and rent payments
- Care plans information including the number of hours care received each day
- Details of criminal convictions and legal proceedings
- Immigration status
- Tenant feedback
Notes from email, telephone or in person contact
How we use Your Information
Data protection laws permit us to collect and use your information but only if we have a proper, lawful reason to do so. We use information for the following lawful reasons:
- Manage the contract you have with us, for example a tenancy or licence agreement
- Evidence the rent standard
- Provide services to you or your home
- Promote our services and keep you informed
- Engage with you and publish satisfaction of our services
- Prevent fraud and theft or other illegal activity including anti-social behaviour
- Allocate our homes
Keep our homes, tenants, colleagues and partners safe
Sharing Your Information
We may need to share your information with other organisations. Below is a list or who and why we may share this information:
- We share your information about your rent and service charges with local authorities to help with Housing Benefit or other claims
- We may need to carry out an immigration check when you apply for a home with us
- We share information with the care commissioner, care providers, the police, courts or medical services to protect your or others
- We share information with our auditors, solicitors, or consultants to ensure we are compliant with regulation
- If you give us permission or have an appointed advocate, we will share your information with them to manage your contract, rent and service charge account and home
We must share information with our regulators and other government departments about the type of homes we rent and the people we provide a home to
Storing and Protecting Your Information
Hilldale uses third-party ICT providers to store personal information. These providers hold cyber essentials certificates and operate robust controls to protect our data and information.
Your information is only ever shared with others through secure methods and where we are duty bound to share it.
Your Rights and Complaints
Under data protection laws, you have the right to know what information we collect and how we use it. You can find out more about your rights from the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
As a data processor, we are registered with the Information Commissioners Officer and have a duty to self-refer if we breach legislation.
If you are not satisfied with how we collect or use your information, you can make a complaint using our complaints form through our website or contact us at: Hello@hilldale.org.uk.org.uk